Mara Tips, Do's and Dont's
- Respect the privacy of the wildlife, this is their habitat.
- Beware of the animals, they are wild and can be unpredictable.
- Don't crowd the animals or make sudden noises or movements.
- Don't feed the animals, it upsets their diet and leads
to human dependence.
- Keep quiet, noise disturbs the wildlife and may antagonize
your fellow visitors.
- Stay in your vehicle at all times, except at designated
picnic or walking areas.
- Keep below the maximum speed limit (40 kph/25 mph).
- Never drive off-road, this severely damages the habitat.
- When viewing wildlife keep to a minimum distance of 20
meters and pull to the side of the road so as to allow others
- Leave no litter and never leave fires unattended or discard
- Respect the cultural heritage of Kenya, never take pictures
of the local people or their habitat without asking their
permission, respect the cultural traditions of Kenya and
always dress with decorum.
- Stay over or leave before dusk, visitors must vacate
the Park between 6.00 p.m. - 6.00 a.m. unless they are camping
overnight. Night game driving is available through special